Our certificate programmes cater to individuals who may need the required pre-requisites to enter the Bachelor of Arts in Theology Degree as well as those who may simply desire to grow in their basic knowledge of the Bible or develop their ministry skills.
- Career Opportunities – Church ministries, Youth Agencies, Para-church Ministries
- 30 Credit Hours
- Length of Programme – 1 year full-time or 15 months part-time (part-time must include summer)
- Requirements – High School Diploma
- Evangelical Training Association (ETA) Certificate
- For the Christian who just wants to learn more and grow in their Christian journey and ministry
- Modular courses
- Start at any time during the year
- No requirements except basic literacy
- Learn more about ETA
The Certificate in Music Fundamentals is offered through the Adjunct Music Programme of the Jamaica Theological Seminary. It is designed to provide a solid foundation for vocalists and instrumentalists who may not yet possess all of the prerequisites for admission into the full BA in Music & Media Programme, or who may not be interested in doing the full BA programme.
- Instrumental Instruction in piano/keyboard/voice/guitar/drums to ABRSM Grade 2 level
- Music Theory to ABRSM Grade 3 level
- Aural Training
- Sight Reading
- Music Appreciation
- General Musicianship N.B. Certificate students may be a part of the school’s vocal or instrumental
- Completion of secondary education with CSEC passes in two subjects inclusive of English Language
- Satisfactory interview with Head of Department
- Satisfactory audition in the primary instrument of choice
- Acceptable grades in this certificate programme would allow a student to qualify for transfer into the BA programme, provided he/she qualifies for admission into a Bachelor’s degree programme at the institution.
Cost Per Semester:
- Varies per number of instruments and attending material and equipment.
How To Apply:
- Complete an application form, available on the JTS website or from the reception desk at the seminary.
- Complete a satisfactory interview and audition.
- Pay fees or establish a payment plan with the accounts department of the Seminary.