Evangelical Training Association (ETA) Certificate
ETA stands for Evangelical Training Association. It is a non-profit ministry organization comprised of seminaries, colleges and churches committed to providing quality training resources to the church for equipping volunteers to serve Christ more effectively.
The purpose of the Evangelical Training Association is to provide programs, materials and services to assist churches in equipping lay leaders for ministry within the local church. The lecturers are mainly past students of the Jamaica Theological Seminary.
The ETA program is designed for Christians:
- who desire a basic understanding of the Bible and the Christian faith
- who may not have the finances to obtain a Degree in Theological Education
- who may not have the time to obtain a Degree in Theological Education
- who may not have the qualification to pursue a degree in Theological Education
- who are seeking personal spiritual growth
In total there are 20 courses offered in the following areas:
The ETA Certificate is a year long program. Courses are done in what is called a cycle, the duration of each is six (6) weeks long. There are two courses offered in each cycle and each course is a two hour course making the total number of hours for each course twelve (12) hours. Upon completion of all sixteen (16) courses an ETA certificate will be awarded to each student.
Depending on how well the student has done and their level of Christian maturity he or she may be considered to pursue a track that can allow the student to obtain a Theology Degree at the Jamaica Theological Seminary.
N.B. Students may commence program at the beginning of any cycle.
Classes are held at the Campus of the Jamaica Theological Seminary on a Tuesday and Thursday @ 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. each evening.
Since ETA is a non-profit ministry organization, the program is very affordable. The first cycle costs approximately $10,900.00 and the other cycles thereafter cost approximately $7,000.00. Vouchers can be collected at the Accounts Department to make payments.
Coordinator, ETA Programme
Jamaica Theological Seminary
P.O. Box 121,
14-16 West Avenue,
Constant Spring, Kingston 8,
Tel: (876) 969-8803 /
or 969-8211 / 969-1226
Fax: (876) 925-9129
Admissions and Registration
Applicants must provide the following:
- Completed official ETA application form (Included in application package)
- Recent passport size photograph
- Pastoral Recommendation (Included in application package)
- Professional recommendation
- Written statement of Christian conversion
- Relevant application Fee
***Application package can be picked up at the Front desk of the Jamaica Theological Seminary***